Dr. Forgosh and Green Hills Dentistry now offer BOTOX® injection services. Dental professionals have in-depth knowledge of facial structures, making them well-suited for this procedure. BOTOX® at Green Hills Dentistry can increase your confidence and help you feel happier with your appearance.
About BOTOX® Treatment
BOTOX® smooths wrinkles on the face by relaxing the muscles that cause lines. Repeated muscle contractions in the forehead and eye area create forehead wrinkles, crow’s feet and frown lines. A BOTOX® injection blocks the release of acetylcholine, a compound that sends messages between nerves. Acetylcholine tells muscles to contract, creating wrinkles. When BOTOX® stops your nerves from creating acetylcholine in the area that has lines, the muscles relax and no longer form wrinkles.
Why Might I Need BOTOX®?
Most patients who receive BOTOX® treatment request it for aesthetic reasons. They want to reduce the appearance of wrinkles on certain parts of their face. Dr. Forgosh may recommend BOTOX® if you ask for ways to smooth out facial lines. You will discuss your allergies and medical history before deciding on this cosmetic procedure. BOTOX® can address three types of wrinkles:
- Forehead lines appear when the frontalis muscle above your eyebrows contracts.
- Crow’s feet lines come from contractions of the orbicularis oculi muscle at the corners of your eyes.
- Frown lines show when the corrugator and procerus muscles near your eyebrows contract.
Whether BOTOX® fits your needs depends on a variety of factors. Dr. Forgosh will go over your options and let you know if injections will help you achieve your treatment goals.
Benefits of BOTOX® Injections
Patients who receive BOTOX® injections enjoy the following benefits:
- Little discomfort for most patients: For many patients, a BOTOX® injection feels like a small pinch. Dr. Forgosh can also numb the treatment area to make the process more comfortable.
- Short appointments: A BOTOX® injection session lasts about 10 minutes, making it ideal for patients with busy schedules. You can get your treatment and still have time for the things that matter.
- Results within days: BOTOX® takes one to three days to smooth wrinkles in the treated area. You can notice a difference in less than a week in the majority of cases.
Everyone has a different experience with BOTOX® treatment. Dr. Forgosh will help you decide if these injections will provide the results you want.
BOTOX® at Green Hills Dentistry
During your first treatment session, you can count on Dr. Forgosh to make the process as comfortable as possible. You may request a local anesthetic if you think it will improve the experience. Dr. Forgosh will use a thin needle to inject BOTOX® into the muscles that cause your wrinkles. A successful treatment will still allow you to make expressions, since it affects a small area.
We will work with you to create an individualized care plan that suits your cosmetic and dental needs. Dr. Forgosh and his team welcome you to call 610-395-0980 or schedule an appointment using our online booking tool.