Cosmetic dentistry is not just about the appearance of the smile. In many cases, cosmetic concerns such as gaps, broken teeth and other issues can also impact speech, the ability to chew, and other actions which affect your quality of life. They can also be a sign of other functional or biological problems. Cosmetic dentistry procedures can make patients feel more confident, especially in social or public situations, potentially improving mental health.
For anyone in the public eye or a client-facing position, cosmetic dentistry can be important for job advancement and career prospects. “Smile design” is truly “life design,” and at Green Hills Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, we are proud to offer some of the most advanced and popular cosmetic treatments.
What Is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is concerned with both the aesthetics and the functionality of the teeth, gums and bite. The goal is to create a more beautiful and healthier smile. Dentists do this by focusing on specific elements, including:
- Color: Tooth whitening is a popular cosmetic procedure. Teeth naturally yellow and change color with age, since teeth become thinner and the dentin under the enamel surface can show. Teeth can also become stained with tobacco, coffee, tea, wine and other foods and products. Making the teeth whiter can create a more youthful and attractive smile.
- Position: Crooked or missing teeth can create an asymmetrical look. Dentists can help patients achieve a more balanced smile.
- Shape: Broken teeth can create gaps, while jaw and bite problems can create crooked smiles or even difficulty chewing. Treatments are available to address these issues.
- Size: Teeth which have become smaller due to grinding can be repaired and restored, creating the “right-sized” fit for a mouth and improving the overall structure of the face.
- Alignment: Overcrowding, gaps between teeth, and crooked teeth can create an uneven appearance. Today, there are treatments beyond braces to help patients get a “perfect” smile.
- Balance: Some patients want a better balance between how much the gums and teeth show. This, too, can be addressed with cosmetic treatment.
Our Smile Design Services
A person’s smile says a lot about them. It is no secret that an attractive smile makes a difference in how a person is perceived (especially by the one in the mirror), and there are many ways to enhance the esthetics of almost any smile. Proper smile design requires a very detailed, step by step treatment planning protocol that lets Dr. Forgosh maximize both the art and science of modern dentistry for the best results for your specific cosmetic dental needs. He understands that form follows function. This means that once he has been able to satisfy the functional needs of your occlusion, the esthetic results follow naturally. Using this programmed treatment planning protocol, you will often be able to know what to expect of the finished treatment before we even start treatment so you can move forward with confidence! That is the beauty of predictable dentistry.
Green Hills Family & Cosmetic Dentistry offers:
- Crowns in one visit: Our crowns let you enjoy the look and function of natural teeth with one visit, saving you time.
- Composite fillings: Unlike amalgam fillings, composite fillings match the color of your teeth so no one can see them. If you have cavities or fillings, this may be a solution for you.
- Bridges: Bridges fill gaps between the teeth and complete your smile.
- Veneers: Veneers are thin pieces of porcelain which are cut into the shape of teeth and bonded permanently to the surface of each tooth. The final result is a smile full of white, perfectly formed teeth. Veneers can be a good option for missing or crooked teeth, discoloration, issues with teeth size, chips and other conditions.
- Dental implants: Implants replace missing teeth with a steel implant root. A crown is attached to the implanted root, mimicking the look and function of a natural tooth. Implants can be an alternative to dentures, bridges and natural crowns.
- Bite analysis: This type of analysis determines how your teeth meet during a bite. A bite analysis can diagnose bite problems which can lead to Occlusal Disease.
- Custom mouthguards: Customized night mouthguards can safeguard your teeth if you grind your teeth at night, while sports guards protect your mouth and teeth during contact sports. Snore guards may help with sleep apnea and snoring. Custom mouthguards are designed to fit comfortably and stay in place.
- Invisalign®: Invisalign® aligners are made of clear plastic and are worn over time to realign the teeth. They are an option if you have crooked teeth and are seeking an alternative to braces.
- Gum grafts: If you have recessed gums or have lost tissue, grafts use harvested or donated tissue to give you a balanced smile.
About Our Practice
Our practice considers the overall appearance and creates an individual plan for each patient’s unique needs and medical conditions. The goal is to create a symmetrical, balanced, and attractive smile while also maintaining good performance.
Our cosmetic dentistry solutions can also help with restorative work. If you have lost gum tissue or teeth due to an accident, a procedure or a medical condition, our services may help restore your smile and confidence.
Schedule an Appointment
If you want more confidence when you smile, contact us online for an appointment or call 610.395.0980.