Patients looking for a minimally invasive way to get a straighter and whiter smile can visit Green Hills Family & Cosmetic Dentistry for porcelain dental veneers. Porcelain veneers increase confidence and correct cosmetic issues like crooked, discolored, and misshaped teeth. In some instances, veneers can be used to solve a minor dental problem with a less extensive process than other types of care.
What Are Porcelain Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are exceptionally thin layers of porcelain placed over teeth to change their appearance. Dr. Forgosh uses imaging, diagnostic models, and a very thorough treatment planning and design process to help create a smile that looks and feels beautiful and natural.
Depending on the case, a patient can have veneers attached with little to no tooth preparation. Dr. Forgosh will thoroughly examine your teeth to determine the best approach for your dental health.
Signs You May Need Veneers
If you’re researching cosmetic dentistry options to improve your smile, you may want to consider veneers if:
- You Have Teeth Discoloration That Cannot Be Whitened With Typical Products. Sometimes, over-the-counter whitening options and professional services will not work to remove discoloration and stains. Patients with issues like sensitivity may be looking for alternate options due to teeth whitening exacerbating their symptoms. If you want whiter teeth but can’t use typical approaches, veneers might be your solution.
- You Have Multiple Fillings, Cracks, and Wear. Cracks as well as chips and fractures in teeth aren’t always severe enough to warrant fixes like crowns. But, they can still make a patient feel self-conscious about their appearance. Patients with minor damage that only impacts appearance can benefit from veneers.
- Your Teeth Have Worn Down Enamel or Minor Maladjustment. The protection offered by veneers can sometimes be enough to correct misaligned teeth or enamel damage. These issues can result in long-term harm to your teeth. Veneers make teeth more stable, resolving an isolated problem area in the mouth.
- You Have Gaps That Don’t Require Extensive Treatment. When a patient’s teeth and jaw become misaligned enough to cause gaps, dentists sometimes need to realign the mouth entirely. But, in other cases, a patient has gaps that don’t indicate other dental issues. If you feel self-conscious about gaps in your teeth but don’t have major periodontic issues, veneers can reduce the appearance of the gaps.
Benefits of Veneers
Patients choose veneers because of benefits such as:
- Whiter looking teeth
- Straighter teeth appearance
- Cosmetic correction that resembles the original teeth
- Unnoticeable presence
- Added strength
- Reduction in tooth sensitivity
However, when a patient has significant damage or an issue that can become significant in the future, another service may provide a better solution. Only with expert consultation from a dental professional can a patient understand what will work for them.
Porcelain Veneers at Green Hills Family & Cosmetic Dentistry
Using specially formulated high strength, ultra thin porcelain, we can transform your smile while preserving the integrity of your natural teeth. Our dental veneers can be prepared to a fraction of a millimeter in thickness to reshape, restore, and cover the front of your teeth to give you the smile you want.
While each and every patient’s needs are unique to themselves, in some cases we are able to deliver beautiful veneers with minimal to no tooth preparation (drilling), or anesthetic. Dr. Forgosh understands the importance of an individualized treatment plan. Schedule an appointment online for veneers or other cosmetic dental treatments!